Student pilots should contact one of the below instructors to schedule a training time. All training is done using a Buddy Box until the student is approved for solo flight.
- Bob Austino (Head Flight Instructor)
- Bert Armstrong
- Bruce Cheeseman
- Joe Curcio
- Brian LaBree
- Ed Langowski
- Frank Mackie
- Arnold Solof
Test for Fixed Wing Solo Flight Certification at Our Field
- Horizontal Figures of Eight (both left and right)
- Three loops in a row (from both left & right)
- Immelmann turn (both left & right)
- Power on stall
- One roll (both left & right)
- Dead stick landing.
- Landing pattern approach (from both left & right)
- Take off and landing (from both left & right)
Test For Flight Instructor Certification
- Using a buddy box, repeat the test for solo flight certification.
- The tester using the master control on the buddy box will simulate a novice student pilot by destabilizing the flight randomly and suddenly 4 times during the above routine test maneuvers. The testee must demonstrate the ability to consistently and rapidly recover control of the plane.
- If part #2 is completed successfully, it will be repeated for 4 more random destabilizations with the testee using the buddy box master control.
- All of parts 1, 2, and 3 must be completed successfully to pass the test.